Friday, December 14/27, 2013: 2Tim 1:1,2,8-18, Mark 9:33-41

(4870)
  • Michael Vezie
    Dec 26, 2013 Expand Messages
      passage: 2Tim 1:1-1:1

      Chapter 1

      Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God, according to the
      promise of life which is in Christ Jesus,

      passage: 2Tim 1:2-1:2

      To Timothy, my dearly beloved son: Grace, mercy, and peace, from God
      the Father and Christ Jesus our Lord.

      passage: 2Tim 1:8-1:18

      Be not thou therefore ashamed of the testimony of our Lord, nor of me
      his prisoner: but be thou partaker of the afflictions of the gospel
      according to the power of God; Who hath saved us, and called us with
      an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own
      purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world
      began, But is now made manifest by the appearing of our Saviour Jesus
      Christ, who hath abolished death, and hath brought life and immortality
      to light through the gospel: Whereunto I am appointed a preacher, and
      an apostle, and a teacher of the Gentiles. For the which cause I also
      suffer these things: nevertheless I am not ashamed: for I know whom
      I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which
      I have committed unto him against that day. Hold fast the form of
      sound words, which thou hast heard of me, in faith and love which is
      in Christ Jesus. That good thing which was committed unto thee keep
      by the Holy Ghost which dwelleth in us. This thou knowest, that all
      they which are in Asia be turned away from me; of whom are Phygellus
      and Hermogenes. The Lord give mercy unto the house of Onesiphorus;
      for he oft refreshed me, and was not ashamed of my chain: But, when he
      was in Rome, he sought me out very diligently, and found me. The Lord
      grant unto him that he may find mercy of the Lord in that day: and in
      how many things he ministered unto me at Ephesus, thou knowest very well.

      And he came to Capernaum: and being in the house he asked them, What
      was it that ye disputed among yourselves by the way? But they held
      their peace: for by the way they had disputed among themselves, who
      should be the greatest. And he sat down, and called the twelve, and
      saith unto them, If any man desire to be first, the same shall be last
      of all, and servant of all. And he took a child, and set him in the
      midst of them: and when he had taken him in his arms, he said unto them,
      Whosoever shall receive one of such children in my name, receiveth me:
      and whosoever shall receive me, receiveth not me, but him that sent me.
      And John answered him, saying, Master, we saw one casting out devils
      in thy name, and he followeth not us: and we forbad him, because he
      followeth not us. But Jesus said, Forbid him not: for there is no man
      which shall do a miracle in my name, that can lightly speak evil of me.
      For he that is not against us is on our part. For whosoever shall give
      you a cup of water to drink in my name, because ye belong to Christ,
      verily I say unto you, he shall not lose his reward.