4868Wednesday, December 12/25, 2013: 1Tim 5:22-6:11, Mark 8:30-34

    Dec 24, 2013
      passage: 1Tim 5:22-6:11

      Chapter 5

      Lay hands suddenly on no man, neither be partaker of other men's sins:
      keep thyself pure. Drink no longer water, but use a little wine for thy
      stomach's sake and thine often infirmities. Some men's sins are open
      beforehand, going before to judgment; and some men they follow after.
      Likewise also the good works of some are manifest beforehand; and they
      that are otherwise cannot be hid.

      Chapter 6

      Let as many servants as are under the yoke count their own masters worthy
      of all honour, that the name of God and his doctrine be not blasphemed.
      And they that have believing masters, let them not despise them, because
      they are brethren; but rather do them service, because they are faithful
      and beloved, partakers of the benefit. These things teach and exhort.
      If any man teach otherwise, and consent not to wholesome words,
      even the words of our Lord Jesus Christ, and to the doctrine which
      is according to godliness; He is proud, knowing nothing, but doting
      about questions and strifes of words, whereof cometh envy, strife,
      railings, evil surmisings, Perverse disputings of men of corrupt minds,
      and destitute of the truth, supposing that gain is godliness: from
      such withdraw thyself. But godliness with contentment is great gain.
      For we brought nothing into this world, and it is certain we can carry
      nothing out. And having food and raiment let us be therewith content.
      But they that will be rich fall into temptation and a snare, and
      into many foolish and hurtful lusts, which drown men in destruction
      and perdition. For the love of money is the root of all evil: which
      while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced
      themselves through with many sorrows. But thou, O man of God, flee
      these things; and follow after righteousness, godliness, faith, love,
      patience, meekness.

      And he charged them that they should tell no man of him. And he began to
      teach them, that the Son of man must suffer many things, and be rejected
      of the elders, and of the chief priests, and scribes, and be killed,
      and after three days rise again. And he spake that saying openly. And
      Peter took him, and began to rebuke him. But when he had turned about
      and looked on his disciples, he rebuked Peter, saying, Get thee behind
      me, Satan: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but the
      things that be of men. And when he had called the people unto him with
      his disciples also, he said unto them, Whosoever will come after me,
      let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.