4866Monday, December 10/23, 2013: 1Tim 5:1-10, Mark 8:11-21

    Dec 22, 2013
      passage: 1Tim 5:1-5:10

      Chapter 5

      Rebuke not an elder, but intreat him as a father; and the younger men
      as brethren; The elder women as mothers; the younger as sisters, with
      all purity. Honour widows that are widows indeed. But if any widow
      have children or nephews, let them learn first to shew piety at home,
      and to requite their parents: for that is good and acceptable before
      God. Now she that is a widow indeed, and desolate, trusteth in God,
      and continueth in supplications and prayers night and day. But she
      that liveth in pleasure is dead while she liveth. And these things
      give in charge, that they may be blameless. But if any provide not
      for his own, and specially for those of his own house, he hath denied
      the faith, and is worse than an infidel. Let not a widow be taken into
      the number under threescore years old, having been the wife of one man.
      Well reported of for good works; if she have brought up children, if she
      have lodged strangers, if she have washed the saints' feet, if she have
      relieved the afflicted, if she have diligently followed every good work.

      And the Pharisees came forth, and began to question with him, seeking
      of him a sign from heaven, tempting him. And he sighed deeply in his
      spirit, and saith, Why doth this generation seek after a sign? verily I
      say unto you, There shall no sign be given unto this generation. And he
      left them, and entering into the ship again departed to the other side.
      Now the disciples had forgotten to take bread, neither had they in the
      ship with them more than one loaf. And he charged them, saying, Take
      heed, beware of the leaven of the Pharisees, and of the leaven of Herod.
      And they reasoned among themselves, saying, It is because we have
      no bread. And when Jesus knew it, he saith unto them, Why reason ye,
      because ye have no bread? perceive ye not yet, neither understand? have
      ye your heart yet hardened? Having eyes, see ye not? and having ears,
      hear ye not? and do ye not remember? When I brake the five loaves among
      five thousand, how many baskets full of fragments took ye up? They say
      unto him, Twelve. And when the seven among four thousand, how many
      baskets full of fragments took ye up? And they said, Seven. And he
      said unto them, How is it that ye do not understand?