4860Tuesday, December 4/17, 2013: 1Tim 1:8-14, Luke 21:12-19

    Dec 16, 2013
      passage: 1Tim 1:8-1:14

      Chapter 1

      But we know that the law is good, if a man use it lawfully; Knowing this,
      that the law is not made for a righteous man, but for the lawless and
      disobedient, for the ungodly and for sinners, for unholy and profane,
      for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers,
      For whoremongers, for them that defile themselves with mankind,
      for menstealers, for liars, for perjured persons, and if there be
      any other thing that is contrary to sound doctrine; According to the
      glorious gospel of the blessed God, which was committed to my trust.
      And I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who hath enabled me, for that he
      counted me faithful, putting me into the ministry; Who was before a
      blasphemer, and a persecutor, and injurious: but I obtained mercy,
      because I did it ignorantly in unbelief. And the grace of our Lord
      was exceeding abundant with faith and love which is in Christ Jesus.

      But before all these, they shall lay their hands on you, and persecute
      you, delivering you up to the synagogues, and into prisons, being brought
      before kings and rulers for my name's sake. And it shall turn to you
      for a testimony. Settle it therefore in your hearts, not to meditate
      before what ye shall answer: For I will give you a mouth and wisdom,
      which all your adversaries shall not be able to gainsay nor resist.
      And ye shall be betrayed both by parents, and brethren, and kinsfolks,
      and friends; and some of you shall they cause to be put to death.
      And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake. But there shall
      not an hair of your head perish. In your patience possess ye your souls.