4859Monday, December 3/16, 2013: 1Tim 1:1-7, Luke 20:27-44

    Dec 15, 2013
      passage: 1Tim 1:1-1:7

      Chapter 1

      Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the commandment of God our Saviour,
      and Lord Jesus Christ, which is our hope; Unto Timothy, my own son
      in the faith: Grace, mercy, and peace, from God our Father and Jesus
      Christ our Lord. As I besought thee to abide still at Ephesus, when
      I went into Macedonia, that thou mightest charge some that they teach
      no other doctrine, Neither give heed to fables and endless genealogies,
      which minister questions, rather than godly edifying which is in faith:
      so do. Now the end of the commandment is charity out of a pure heart,
      and of a good conscience, and of faith unfeigned: From which some having
      swerved have turned aside unto vain jangling; Desiring to be teachers
      of the law; understanding neither what they say, nor whereof they affirm.

      Then came to him certain of the Sadducees, which deny that there is any
      resurrection; and they asked him, Saying, Master, Moses wrote unto us, If
      any man's brother die, having a wife, and he die without children, that
      his brother should take his wife, and raise up seed unto his brother.
      There were therefore seven brethren: and the first took a wife, and
      died without children. And the second took her to wife, and he died
      childless. And the third took her; and in like manner the seven also:
      and they left no children, and died. Last of all the woman died also.
      Therefore in the resurrection whose wife of them is she? for seven
      had her to wife. And Jesus answering said unto them, The children of
      this world marry, and are given in marriage: But they which shall be
      accounted worthy to obtain that world, and the resurrection from the
      dead, neither marry, nor are given in marriage: Neither can they die any
      more: for they are equal unto the angels; and are the children of God,
      being the children of the resurrection. Now that the dead are raised,
      even Moses shewed at the bush, when he calleth the Lord the God of
      Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob. For he is not a
      God of the dead, but of the living: for all live unto him. Then certain
      of the scribes answering said, Master, thou hast well said. And after
      that they durst not ask him any question at all. And he said unto them,
      How say they that Christ is David's son? And David himself saith in the
      book of Psalms, The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand,
      Till I make thine enemies thy footstool. David therefore calleth him
      Lord, how is he then his son?