4858Sunday, December 2/15, 2013: Ephes 4:1-6, Luke 10:25-37

    Dec 14, 2013
      passage: Ephes 4:1-4:6

      Chapter 4

      I therefore, the prisoner of the Lord, beseech you that ye walk worthy of
      the vocation wherewith ye are called, With all lowliness and meekness,
      with longsuffering, forbearing one another in love; Endeavouring to
      keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace. There is one body,
      and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling;
      One Lord, one faith, one baptism, One God and Father of all, who is
      above all, and through all, and in you all.

      And, behold, a certain lawyer stood up, and tempted him, saying,
      Master, what shall I do to inherit eternal life? He said unto him,
      What is written in the law? how readest thou? And he answering said,
      Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy
      soul, and with all thy strength, and with all thy mind; and thy neighbour
      as thyself. And he said unto him, Thou hast answered right: this do,
      and thou shalt live. But he, willing to justify himself, said unto
      Jesus, And who is my neighbour? And Jesus answering said, A certain
      man went down from Jerusalem to Jericho, and fell among thieves, which
      stripped him of his raiment, and wounded him, and departed, leaving him
      half dead. And by chance there came down a certain priest that way: and
      when he saw him, he passed by on the other side. And likewise a Levite,
      when he was at the place, came and looked on him, and passed by on the
      other side. But a certain Samaritan, as he journeyed, came where he
      was: and when he saw him, he had compassion on him, And went to him,
      and bound up his wounds, pouring in oil and wine, and set him on his
      own beast, and brought him to an inn, and took care of him. And on the
      morrow when he departed, he took out two pence, and gave them to the
      host, and said unto him, Take care of him; and whatsoever thou spendest
      more, when I come again, I will repay thee. Which now of these three,
      thinkest thou, was neighbour unto him that fell among the thieves?
      And he said, He that shewed mercy on him. Then said Jesus unto him,
      Go, and do thou likewise.