4856Friday, November 30 / December 13, 2013: 2Thes 3:6-18, Luke 20:19-26

    Dec 12, 2013
      passage: 2Thes 3:6-3:18

      Chapter 3

      Now we command you, brethren, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ,
      that ye withdraw yourselves from every brother that walketh disorderly,
      and not after the tradition which he received of us. For yourselves
      know how ye ought to follow us: for we behaved not ourselves disorderly
      among you; Neither did we eat any man's bread for nought; but wrought
      with labour and travail night and day, that we might not be chargeable
      to any of you: Not because we have not power, but to make ourselves an
      ensample unto you to follow us. For even when we were with you, this
      we commanded you, that if any would not work, neither should he eat.
      For we hear that there are some which walk among you disorderly, working
      not at all, but are busybodies. Now them that are such we command
      and exhort by our Lord Jesus Christ, that with quietness they work,
      and eat their own bread. But ye, brethren, be not weary in well doing.
      And if any man obey not our word by this epistle, note that man, and
      have no company with him, that he may be ashamed. Yet count him not
      as an enemy, but admonish him as a brother. Now the Lord of peace
      himself give you peace always by all means. The Lord be with you all.
      The salutation of Paul with mine own hand, which is the token in every
      epistle: so I write.

      And the chief priests and the scribes the same hour sought to lay
      hands on him; and they feared the people: for they perceived that he
      had spoken this parable against them. And they watched him, and sent
      forth spies, which should feign themselves just men, that they might
      take hold of his words, that so they might deliver him unto the power
      and authority of the governor. And they asked him, saying, Master, we
      know that thou sayest and teachest rightly, neither acceptest thou the
      person of any, but teachest the way of God truly: Is it lawful for us
      to give tribute unto Caesar, or no? But he perceived their craftiness,
      and said unto them, Why tempt ye me? Shew me a penny. Whose image and
      superscription hath it? They answered and said, Caesar's. And he said
      unto them, Render therefore unto Caesar the things which be Caesar's,
      and unto God the things which be God's. And they could not take hold
      of his words before the people: and they marvelled at his answer,
      and held their peace.