4855Thursday, November 29 / December 12, 2013: 2Thes 2:13-3:5, Luke 20:9-18

    Dec 11, 2013
      passage: 2Thes 2:13-3:5

      Chapter 2

      But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved
      of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation
      through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth: Whereunto
      he called you by our gospel, to the obtaining of the glory of our Lord
      Jesus Christ. Therefore, brethren, stand fast, and hold the traditions
      which ye have been taught, whether by word, or our epistle. Now our Lord
      Jesus Christ himself, and God, even our Father, which hath loved us,
      and hath given us everlasting consolation and good hope through grace,
      Comfort your hearts, and stablish you in every good word and work.

      Chapter 3

      Finally, brethren, pray for us, that the word of the Lord may have free
      course, and be glorified, even as it is with you: And that we may be
      delivered from unreasonable and wicked men: for all men have not faith.
      But the Lord is faithful, who shall stablish you, and keep you from evil.
      And we have confidence in the Lord touching you, that ye both do and
      will do the things which we command you. And the Lord direct your
      hearts into the love of God, and into the patient waiting for Christ.

      Then began he to speak to the people this parable; A certain man
      planted a vineyard, and let it forth to husbandmen, and went into a
      far country for a long time. And at the season he sent a servant to
      the husbandmen, that they should give him of the fruit of the vineyard:
      but the husbandmen beat him, and sent him away empty. And again he sent
      another servant: and they beat him also, and entreated him shamefully,
      and sent him away empty. And again he sent a third: and they wounded
      him also, and cast him out. Then said the lord of the vineyard, What
      shall I do? I will send my beloved son: it may be they will reverence
      him when they see him. But when the husbandmen saw him, they reasoned
      among themselves, saying, This is the heir: come, let us kill him, that
      the inheritance may be ours. So they cast him out of the vineyard, and
      killed him. What therefore shall the lord of the vineyard do unto them?
      He shall come and destroy these husbandmen, and shall give the vineyard
      to others. And when they heard it, they said, God forbid. And he
      beheld them, and said, What is this then that is written, The stone
      which the builders rejected, the same is become the head of the corner?
      Whosoever shall fall upon that stone shall be broken; but on whomsoever
      it shall fall, it will grind him to powder.