4854Wednesday, November 28 / December 11, 2013: 2Thes 2:1-12, Luke 20:1-8

    Dec 10, 2013
      passage: 2Thes 2:1-2:12

      Chapter 2

      Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ,
      and by our gathering together unto him, That ye be not soon shaken in
      mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as
      from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand. Let no man deceive you
      by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling
      away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;
      Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that
      is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing
      himself that he is God. Remember ye not, that, when I was yet with you,
      I told you these things? And now ye know what withholdeth that he might
      be revealed in his time. For the mystery of iniquity doth already work:
      only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way.
      And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume
      with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of
      his coming: Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with
      all power and signs and lying wonders, And with all deceivableness
      of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the
      love of the truth, that they might be saved. And for this cause God
      shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie: That
      they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure
      in unrighteousness.

      And it came to pass, that on one of those days, as he taught the
      people in the temple, and preached the gospel, the chief priests
      and the scribes came upon him with the elders, And spake unto him,
      saying, Tell us, by what authority doest thou these things? or who is
      he that gave thee this authority? And he answered and said unto them,
      I will also ask you one thing; and answer me: The baptism of John,
      was it from heaven, or of men? And they reasoned with themselves,
      saying, If we shall say, From heaven; he will say, Why then believed
      ye him not? But and if we say, Of men; all the people will stone us:
      for they be persuaded that John was a prophet. And they answered,
      that they could not tell whence it was. And Jesus said unto them,
      Neither tell I you by what authority I do these things.