4852Monday, November 26 / December 9, 2013: 2Thes 1:1-10, Luke 19:37-44

    Dec 8, 2013
      passage: 2Thes 1:1-1:10

      Chapter 1

      Paul, and Silvanus, and Timotheus, unto the church of the Thessalonians
      in God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace,
      from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ. We are bound to thank God
      always for you, brethren, as it is meet, because that your faith groweth
      exceedingly, and the charity of every one of you all toward each other
      aboundeth; So that we ourselves glory in you in the churches of God for
      your patience and faith in all your persecutions and tribulations that
      ye endure: Which is a manifest token of the righteous judgment of God,
      that ye may be counted worthy of the kingdom of God, for which ye also
      suffer: Seeing it is a righteous thing with God to recompense tribulation
      to them that trouble you; And to you who are troubled rest with us,
      when the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with his mighty
      angels, In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God,
      and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ: Who shall be
      punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord,
      and from the glory of his power; When he shall come to be glorified
      in his saints, and to be admired in all them that believe (because our
      testimony among you was believed) in that day.

      And when he was come nigh, even now at the descent of the mount of
      Olives, the whole multitude of the disciples began to rejoice and
      praise God with a loud voice for all the mighty works that they had
      seen; Saying, Blessed be the King that cometh in the name of the Lord:
      peace in heaven, and glory in the highest. And some of the Pharisees
      from among the multitude said unto him, Master, rebuke thy disciples.
      And he answered and said unto them, I tell you that, if these should
      hold their peace, the stones would immediately cry out. And when he
      was come near, he beheld the city, and wept over it, Saying, If thou
      hadst known, even thou, at least in this thy day, the things which
      belong unto thy peace! but now they are hid from thine eyes. For the
      days shall come upon thee, that thine enemies shall cast a trench
      about thee, and compass thee round, and keep thee in on every side,
      And shall lay thee even with the ground, and thy children within thee;
      and they shall not leave in thee one stone upon another; because thou
      knewest not the time of thy visitation.