4848Thursday, November 22 / December 5, 2013: 1Thes 5:1-8, Luke 18:31-34

    Dec 4, 2013
      passage: 1Thes 5:1-5:8

      Chapter 5

      But of the times and the seasons, brethren, ye have no need that I write
      unto you. For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so
      cometh as a thief in the night. For when they shall say, Peace and
      safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a
      woman with child; and they shall not escape. But ye, brethren, are
      not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief. Ye are
      all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of
      the night, nor of darkness. Therefore let us not sleep, as do others;
      but let us watch and be sober. For they that sleep sleep in the night;
      and they that be drunken are drunken in the night. But let us, who
      are of the day, be sober, putting on the breastplate of faith and love;
      and for an helmet, the hope of salvation.

      Then he took unto him the twelve, and said unto them, Behold, we go up
      to Jerusalem, and all things that are written by the prophets concerning
      the Son of man shall be accomplished. For he shall be delivered unto the
      Gentiles, and shall be mocked, and spitefully entreated, and spitted on:
      And they shall scourge him, and put him to death: and the third day he
      shall rise again. And they understood none of these things: and this
      saying was hid from them, neither knew they the things which were spoken.