4445Sunday, October 22 / November 4, 2012: Gal 6:11-18, Luke 16:19-31

    Nov 3, 2012
      passage: Gal 6:11-6:18

      Chapter 6

      Ye see how large a letter I have written unto you with mine own hand.
      As many as desire to make a fair shew in the flesh, they constrain
      you to be circumcised; only lest they should suffer persecution for
      the cross of Christ. For neither they themselves who are circumcised
      keep the law; but desire to have you circumcised, that they may glory
      in your flesh. But God forbid that I should glory, save in the cross of
      our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world is crucified unto me, and I unto
      the world. For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision availeth any thing,
      nor uncircumcision, but a new creature. And as many as walk according
      to this rule, peace be on them, and mercy, and upon the Israel of God.
      From henceforth let no man trouble me: for I bear in my body the marks
      of the Lord Jesus.

      There was a certain rich man, which was clothed in purple and fine linen,
      and fared sumptuously every day: And there was a certain beggar named
      Lazarus, which was laid at his gate, full of sores, And desiring to be
      fed with the crumbs which fell from the rich man's table: moreover the
      dogs came and licked his sores. And it came to pass, that the beggar
      died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham's bosom: the rich man
      also died, and was buried; And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in
      torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom. And he
      cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus,
      that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue;
      for I am tormented in this flame. But Abraham said, Son, remember
      that thou in thy lifetime receivedst thy good things, and likewise
      Lazarus evil things: but now he is comforted, and thou art tormented.
      And beside all this, between us and you there is a great gulf fixed: so
      that they which would pass from hence to you cannot; neither can they
      pass to us, that would come from thence. Then he said, I pray thee
      therefore, father, that thou wouldest send him to my father's house:
      For I have five brethren; that he may testify unto them, lest they also
      come into this place of torment. Abraham saith unto him, They have
      Moses and the prophets; let them hear them. And he said, Nay, father
      Abraham: but if one went unto them from the dead, they will repent.
      And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither
      will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead.