4435Thursday, October 12/25, 2012: Col 1:24-29, Luke 9:7-11

    Oct 24, 2012
      passage: Col 1:24-1:29

      Chapter 1

      Who now rejoice in my sufferings for you, and fill up that which is
      behind of the afflictions of Christ in my flesh for his body's sake,
      which is the church: Whereof I am made a minister, according to
      the dispensation of God which is given to me for you, to fulfil the
      word of God; Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from
      generations, but now is made manifest to his saints: To whom God would
      make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the
      Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory: Whom we preach,
      warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may
      present every man perfect in Christ Jesus: Whereunto I also labour,
      striving according to his working, which worketh in me mightily.

      Now Herod the tetrarch heard of all that was done by him: and he was
      perplexed, because that it was said of some, that John was risen from
      the dead; And of some, that Elias had appeared; and of others, that
      one of the old prophets was risen again. And Herod said, John have I
      beheaded: but who is this, of whom I hear such things? And he desired
      to see him. And the apostles, when they were returned, told him all
      that they had done. And he took them, and went aside privately into a
      desert place belonging to the city called Bethsaida. And the people,
      when they knew it, followed him: and he received them, and spake unto
      them of the kingdom of God, and healed them that had need of healing.