3719Tuesday, October 20 / November 2, 2010: 1Thes 3:9-13, Luke 11:34-41

    Nov 1, 2010
      passage: 1Thes 3:9-3:13

      Chapter 3

      For what thanks can we render to God again for you, for all the joy
      wherewith we joy for your sakes before our God; Night and day praying
      exceedingly that we might see your face, and might perfect that which
      is lacking in your faith? Now God himself and our Father, and our Lord
      Jesus Christ, direct our way unto you. And the Lord make you to increase
      and abound in love one toward another, and toward all men, even as we
      do toward you: To the end he may stablish your hearts unblameable in
      holiness before God, even our Father, at the coming of our Lord Jesus
      Christ with all his saints.

      The light of the body is the eye: therefore when thine eye is single,
      thy whole body also is full of light; but when thine eye is evil,
      thy body also is full of darkness. Take heed therefore that the light
      which is in thee be not darkness. If thy whole body therefore be full
      of light, having no part dark, the whole shall be full of light, as when
      the bright shining of a candle doth give thee light. And as he spake,
      a certain Pharisee besought him to dine with him: and he went in, and
      sat down to meat. And when the Pharisee saw it, he marvelled that
      he had not first washed before dinner. And the Lord said unto him,
      Now do ye Pharisees make clean the outside of the cup and the platter;
      but your inward part is full of ravening and wickedness. Ye fools, did
      not he that made that which is without make that which is within also?
      But rather give alms of such things as ye have; and, behold, all things
      are clean unto you.