3262Saturday, July 19 / August 1, 2009: Rom 13:1-10, Matt 12:30-37

    Jul 31, 2009

      Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power
      but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God. Whosoever therefore
      resisteth the power, resisteth the ordinance of God: and they that
      resist shall receive to themselves damnation. For rulers are not a
      terror to good works, but to the evil. Wilt thou then not be afraid of
      the power? do that which is good, and thou shalt have praise of the
      same: For he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do
      that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain:
      for he is the minister of God, a revenger to execute wrath upon him that
      doeth evil. Wherefore ye must needs be subject, not only for wrath,
      but also for conscience sake. For for this cause pay ye tribute also:
      for they are God's ministers, attending continually upon this very thing.
      Render therefore to all their dues: tribute to whom tribute is due;
      custom to whom custom; fear to whom fear; honour to whom honour. Owe no
      man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another
      hath fulfilled the law. For this, Thou shalt not commit adultery,
      Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false
      witness, Thou shalt not covet; and if there be any other commandment,
      it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, Thou shalt love thy
      neighbour as thyself. Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore
      love is the fulfilling of the law.

      He that is not with me is against me; and he that gathereth not with
      me scattereth abroad. Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and
      blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the
      Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men. And whosoever speaketh a
      word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever
      speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither
      in this world, neither in the world to come. Either make the tree
      good, and his fruit good; or else make the tree corrupt, and his fruit
      corrupt: for the tree is known by his fruit. O generation of vipers,
      how can ye, being evil, speak good things? for out of the abundance of
      the heart the mouth speaketh. A good man out of the good treasure of
      the heart bringeth forth good things: and an evil man out of the evil
      treasure bringeth forth evil things. But I say unto you, That every
      idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the
      day of judgment. For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy
      words thou shalt be condemned.