3232Thursday, June 19 / July 2, 2009: Rom 11:13-24, Matt 11:27-30

    Jul 1, 2009

      For I speak to you Gentiles, inasmuch as I am the apostle of the
      Gentiles, I magnify mine office: If by any means I may provoke
      to emulation them which are my flesh, and might save some of them.
      For if the casting away of them be the reconciling of the world, what
      shall the receiving of them be, but life from the dead? For if the
      firstfruit be holy, the lump is also holy: and if the root be holy,
      so are the branches. And if some of the branches be broken off, and
      thou, being a wild olive tree, wert graffed in among them, and with
      them partakest of the root and fatness of the olive tree; Boast not
      against the branches. But if thou boast, thou bearest not the root,
      but the root thee. Thou wilt say then, The branches were broken off,
      that I might be graffed in. Well; because of unbelief they were broken
      off, and thou standest by faith. Be not highminded, but fear: For if God
      spared not the natural branches, take heed lest he also spare not thee.
      Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them which fell,
      severity; but toward thee, goodness, if thou continue in his goodness:
      otherwise thou also shalt be cut off. And they also, if they abide not
      still in unbelief, shall be graffed in: for God is able to graff them
      in again. For if thou wert cut out of the olive tree which is wild by
      nature, and wert graffed contrary to nature into a good olive tree:
      how much more shall these, which be the natural branches, be graffed
      into their own olive tree?

      passage: Matt 11:27-11:30

      All things are delivered unto me of my Father: and no man knoweth the
      Son, but the Father; neither knoweth any man the Father, save the Son,
      and he to whomsoever the Son will reveal him. Come unto me, all ye that
      labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon
      you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall
      find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.