1681Saturday, March 20 / April 2, 2005: Heb 10:32-38, Mark 2:14-17

    Apr 1, 2005
      passage: Heb 10:32-10:38

      Chapter 10

      But call to remembrance the former days, in which, after ye were
      illuminated, ye endured a great fight of afflictions; Partly, whilst ye
      were made a gazingstock both by reproaches and afflictions; and partly,
      whilst ye became companions of them that were so used. For ye had
      compassion of me in my bonds, and took joyfully the spoiling of your
      goods, knowing in yourselves that ye have in heaven a better and an
      enduring substance. Cast not away therefore your confidence, which hath
      great recompence of reward. For ye have need of patience, that, after
      ye have done the will of God, ye might receive the promise. For yet
      a little while, and he that shall come will come, and will not tarry.
      Now the just shall live by faith: but if any man draw back, my soul
      shall have no pleasure in him.

      And as he passed by, he saw Levi the son of Alphaeus sitting at the
      receipt of custom, and said unto him, Follow me. And he arose and
      followed him. And it came to pass, that, as Jesus sat at meat in his
      house, many publicans and sinners sat also together with Jesus and his
      disciples: for there were many, and they followed him. And when the
      scribes and Pharisees saw him eat with publicans and sinners, they
      said unto his disciples, How is it that he eateth and drinketh with
      publicans and sinners? When Jesus heard it, he saith unto them, They
      that are whole have no need of the physician, but they that are sick:
      I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.