1224Friday, December 20 2003 / January 2, 2004: Heb 7:18-25, Mark 10:23-32

    Jan 1, 2004
      passage: Heb 7:18-7:25

      Chapter 7

      For there is verily a disannulling of the commandment going before for
      the weakness and unprofitableness thereof. For the law made nothing
      perfect, but the bringing in of a better hope did; by the which we draw
      nigh unto God. And inasmuch as not without an oath he was made priest:
      For those priests were made without an oath; but this with an oath by
      him that said unto him, The Lord sware and will not repent, Thou art a
      priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec:) By so much was Jesus
      made a surety of a better testament. And they truly were many priests,
      because they were not suffered to continue by reason of death: But
      this man, because he continueth ever, hath an unchangeable priesthood.
      Wherefore he is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto
      God by him, seeing he ever liveth to make intercession for them.

      And Jesus looked round about, and saith unto his disciples, How hardly
      shall they that have riches enter into the kingdom of God! And the
      disciples were astonished at his words. But Jesus answereth again,
      and saith unto them, Children, how hard is it for them that trust in
      riches to enter into the kingdom of God! It is easier for a camel to
      go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the
      kingdom of God. And they were astonished out of measure, saying among
      themselves, Who then can be saved? And Jesus looking upon them saith,
      With men it is impossible, but not with God: for with God all things
      are possible. Then Peter began to say unto him, Lo, we have left all,
      and have followed thee. And Jesus answered and said, Verily I say unto
      you, There is no man that hath left house, or brethren, or sisters,
      or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my sake,
      and the gospel's, But he shall receive an hundredfold now in this time,
      houses, and brethren, and sisters, and mothers, and children, and lands,
      with persecutions; and in the world to come eternal life. But many that
      are first shall be last; and the last first. And they were in the way
      going up to Jerusalem; and Jesus went before them: and they were amazed;
      and as they followed, they were afraid. And he took again the twelve,
      and began to tell them what things should happen unto him,