First Year Tubers Dug

  • e4449@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 17, 2010
    • 197 KB
    The first year seedling tubers have been dug. They are are larger than normal and nearly all of them had at least two good looking tubers. Of course some had many more with about six being the most.

    Margaret was very busy hand crossing the flowers and we have harvested about half of her seed pods. We had some dry, sunny  weather during the ripening period and the seeds look very good.  A few giants got crossed successfully and a picture of one of the pods is attached. Will be digging second year tubers next.

    Ted in Oregon City