Re: [czernowitz2006] information

  • jfa2000@mymailstation.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 18, 2005
      Thank you Cornel for all the good information. I have a question: do you know which airlines make the flight from Vienna to Lviv? And from Vienna to Kiev?

      Also when you say "by next year", does that mean by May? Or in sufficient time for us to cancel other flights if one becomes available (by what airline?) directly to Czernowitz from outside Ukraine, which of course would be the best of all possible worlds... ?

      I really appreciate all the hard work being done by the committee. And, if I have neglected to respond to any information/queries over this past week, it's because our e-mail server connection was somehow disconnected, and I've lost everything both incoming and outgoing. Even though it was out of my control I apologize for any inconvenience it may have caused anyone.... But we're back on-line now.

      Til later. Jessica, San Diego, CA

      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 19, 2005
        hi, the answer to your question...rfrom vienna it is a joint flight of
        aua(austrian airlines) and ukrainia air., to both cities. re direct
        flights,impossible to say,currently just a rumour even though it comes from
        airline sources. cornel

      • jfa2000@mymailstation.com
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 19, 2005
          Much appreciated. I know you'll let us know if rumor turns to fact.... -- Thanks again. Jessie

          > Thank you Cornel for all the good information. I have a question: do you
          > know which airlines make the flight from Vienna to Lviv? And from Vienna
          > to Kiev?
          >
          > Also when you say "by next year", does that mean by May? Or in sufficient
          > time for us to cancel other flights if one becomes available (by what
          > airline?) directly to Czernowitz from outside Ukraine, which of course
          > would be the best of all possible worlds... ?
          >
          > I really appreciate all the hard work being done by the committee. And, if
          > I have neglected to respond to any information/queries over this past
          > week, it's because our e-mail server connection was somehow disconnected,
          > and I've lost everything both incoming and outgoing. Even though it was
          > out of my control I apologize for any inconvenience it may have caused
          > anyone.... But we're back on-line now.
          >
          > Til later. Jessica, San Diego, CA

        • Abraham Kogan
          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 21, 2005
            Hi, Dear Czernowitzers,
            The proposed travel to Cz. via Lwów (Lviv/Lemberg) sounds to be the most realistic option. I do not like the idea to travel via Kiev and continue with those lousy small turbo-prop planes for a one and a half hour flight to Cz. Two of my friends traveling from time to time to Western Ukraine shtetels told me about the various options available in Lviv. I have not yet managed to contact the travel agent in Israel who reportedly has excellent connections in Lviv, both from the airport as well as from hotels in the city that have appropriate arrangements for travel by taxi, mini-buses or buses (in the case of larger groups). It is a matter of five hours travel and the roads are not bad at all.
            I'll let you know as soon as I have more details.
            Regards, Abraham Kogan
            > Thank you Cornel for all the good information. I have a question: do you
            > know which airlines make the flight from Vienna to Lviv? And from Vienna
            > to Kiev?
            >
            > Also when you say "by next year", does that mean by May? Or in sufficient
            > time for us to cancel other flights if one becomes available (by what
            > airline?) directly to Czernowitz from outside Ukraine, which of course
            > would be the best of all possible worlds... ?
            >
            > I really appreciate all the hard work being done by the committee. And, if
            > I have neglected to respond to any information/queries over this past
            > week, it's because our e-mail server connection was somehow disconnected,
            > and I've lost everything both incoming and outgoing. Even though it was
            > out of my control I apologize for any inconvenience it may have caused
            > anyone.... But we're back on-line now.
            >
            > Til later. Jessica, San Diego, CA

            http://www.eset.com

          • Arthur von Czernowitz
            Message 5 of 6 , Nov 21, 2005
              Mr. Kogan
              According to your e-mail address you live in Israel.
              Here is the schedule to Lvov from Tel Aviv and it operates right now but
              depending on your day of travel.

              OS860 TLV-VIE 07:00-10:00
              OS381 VIE-LVO 13:15-15:35

              OS382 LVO-VIE 16:10-1645
              OS859 VIE-TLV 20:10-00:35
              Price $630.00 aprox.

              To find this out all you have to do is use your computer and do not
              listen to rumors.

              FYI OS381 and OS382 is operated with "De Havilland DHC-8 Dash 8" this
              airplane is one of those lousy small turbo-prop planes.

              Regards
              Arthur