REQUIEM FOR A WEBSITE

  • HARDY BREIER
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 12, 2006
      GOODBYE CZERNOWITZ 2006
      YOU SERVED US WELL
      THROUGH YOU WE CONVEYED OUR FEARS , HOPES
      AND ANTICIPATIONS.
      YOU WERE OUR SPIRITUAL HOME FOR MANY MONTHS.
      WITHOUT YOU THE MEETING WAS IMPOSSIBLE.
      YOU DID YOUR JOB SILENTLY ,WITH ELECTRONIC EFFICIENCY.
      THANK YOU FOR ALL THIS.
      NOW YOUR TIME IS UP.
      SOON MARK WILL CHOOSE "DELETE" AND CLICK THE MOUSE.
      YOU WILL MEEKLY FIGHT FOR YOUR SURVIVAL AND ASK ONE MORE TIME:
      "ARE YOU SURE?"
      MARK WILL PULL THE TRIGGER AND CLICK "YES".
      WHAT HAS TO BE DONE , HAS TO BE DONE
      FAREWELL
      AND TO MARK,
      THANK YOU FOR THE MANY HOURS SPENT , THE MAINTENANCE AND
      EXPERTISE ON THIS VOLUNTEER UNDERTAKING.

      BYE TO ALL
      HARDY

    • AJS1PRES@AOL.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 13, 2006
        Thank you Hardy for your words. You have never been at a loss.
        This was truly a wonderful experience even though I didn't join you in Cz, I
        certainly feel I got to know many of you. The only Czernowiters I ever knew,
        save my mom.
        However, I say with some confidence, this is not the end of the road, just a
        little turn.

        Bruce Wexler
        Jackson, NJ

      • Gabriele Weissmann
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 13, 2006
          -------- Original-Nachricht --------
          Datum: Thu, 13 Jul 2006 05:45:29 +0300
          Von: HARDY BREIER <HARDY3@...>
          An: czernowitz2006@yahoogroups.com
          Betreff: [czernowitz2006] REQUIEM FOR A WEBSITE

          > GOODBYE CZERNOWITZ 2006
          > YOU SERVED US WELL
          > THROUGH YOU WE CONVEYED OUR FEARS , HOPES
          > AND ANTICIPATIONS.
          > YOU WERE OUR SPIRITUAL HOME FOR MANY MONTHS.
          > WITHOUT YOU THE MEETING WAS IMPOSSIBLE.
          > YOU DID YOUR JOB SILENTLY ,WITH ELECTRONIC EFFICIENCY.
          > THANK YOU FOR ALL THIS.
          > NOW YOUR TIME IS UP.
          > SOON MARK WILL CHOOSE "DELETE" AND CLICK THE MOUSE.
          > YOU WILL MEEKLY FIGHT FOR YOUR SURVIVAL AND ASK ONE MORE TIME:
          > "ARE YOU SURE?"
          > MARK WILL PULL THE TRIGGER AND CLICK "YES".
          > WHAT HAS TO BE DONE , HAS TO BE DONE
          > FAREWELL
          > AND TO MARK,
          > THANK YOU FOR THE MANY HOURS SPENT , THE MAINTENANCE AND
          > EXPERTISE ON THIS VOLUNTEER UNDERTAKING.
          >
          > BYE TO ALL
          > HARDY

          > Yes, I agree entirely, big hug to Mark who did all this work, very efficiently and quite unselfishly, and also
          to Hardy who kept our spirits high with his expressive poems about the feeling of the place,the language,the typical expressions, memories that we, second generation Czernowitzers had treasured from our parents ,and which through Harry came to life again.