Re: [czernowitz2006] Re: [Cz-L] Czernowitzer Convention in Israel

  • elhod
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 12, 2006
      Hi all,

      When we are talking about Czernowitz we are referring to the whole region Bukovina and its herritage and culture for the jews who lived there.

      I agree with Lucca.

      About the Logistics:

      Three days would be nice. and a Hotel could be arranged by the Israelian. Chanukka is a good date.There should be a schedule of lectures about what ment Bukovina waqs for us and .

      Tel-Aviv is a good place to held the reunion, because more people live in the area and the variety of Hotels.

      I would be more than glad to assisst in organizing.

      Regards,

      Yehudit Yerushalmi-Terris
    • Jerry Lapides
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 12, 2006
        I think that the reunion should not be over organized. Unless there will be
        conversation space for people to exchange memories and ideas, I think it
        will become an academic boring conference. Tel Aviv is good because there
        are many Czernowitzer decedents in the area. I can name at least 10.

        There is an effective model for such a reunion it is titled "Open Space
        Technology" by Owen Harrison. I will be glad to provide an over view.
        However the book is short and most engaging.

        Jerry Lapides, Ph.D.