cemetery

  • Marianna Kiva
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 17, 2005
      Hello to all,

      Recently, while at university, I met another Chernovitser. I found out that
      he is a cousin of a very good friend of mine. In our conversation, I
      mentioned to him that the cemetery is at risk of falling apart. He told me
      that one of his best friends, Jewish, is still living in Chernovtsi and will
      be interested to clean graves, take pictures of the completed work and send
      them to people who will employ him to do the job. He is a nice man and a
      very caring individual. I will send his name and the phone number later this
      week. By the way, he speaks Yiddish.

      Marianna

    • Marianna Kiva
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 20, 2005
        Hello to all,

        Just as I promised, I spoke to my friend in Winnipeg regarding the cemetery
        issues. He will contact his friend in Chernovtsi and talk to him about,
        possibly, Doing work on the graves for people who are interested in taking
        care of their families plots. As soon as I get more information, I will
        e-mail the whole group.

        P.S. Hotel Bukovina is not known for their service.

        Marianna