Further discussions

    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 6 3:59 AM

      The "Czernowitz 2006 Yahoo List" will be closed on July 15.
      Before this happens and while I can still address all of you at once,
      I was wondering if any of you are interested in discussing by E-mail,
      some of the topics we did not discuss as much, as I personally
      would have liked to, during the reunion.
      The two main topics I refer to are:

      1. What was Czernowitz really like and what is the heritage of Czernowitz?
      2. How do those of us, who once lived there, remember, think and feel about
      Czernowitz?

      If any of you are interested in discussing these or related topics,
      we could form a group to do so.

      Best regards,

      Mimi
    • AJS1PRES@AOL.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 6 11:24 AM
        Mimi et al,

        I was hoping that upon your return we might hear about the goings on during
        the reunion. This is for people like myself who, although we didn't attend, are
        very curious because of our involvement in the group. Anything that you would
        like to share would be appreciated.

        Also, is there any progress with regard to the cemetery project?

        Bruce Wexler
        Jackson, NJ
      • Mark Heckman
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 6 1:01 PM
          <<
          1. What was Czernowitz really like and what is the heritage of Czernowitz?
          2. How do those of us, who once lived there, remember, think and feel about
          Czernowitz?

          If any of you are interested in discussing these or related topics,
          we could form a group to do so.

          Hasn't the Cz-L group been the place where these topics were discussed in the
          past? Is a new group necessary? One of the reasons for the termination of the
          Czernowitz2006 group is to no longer "poach" on the other group.

          --Mark
        • Abraham Kogan
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 8 2:40 AM
            Hi, fellow Czernowitzers,
            In principle, I think it is a good idea to continue our talks/discussions, whether under the existing group umbrella or by forming a new e-mailing group (I don't know what is the advantage of forming a new group).
            As most of you recall, the two topics mentioned were supposed to be discussed during the afternoon session at the hotel on Wednesday, May 24. We could hardly touch those topics, because a large number of the Reunion participants were still on their way from Transnistria to Cz. Unfortunately, because of the serious delay of their return to Cz. , those who left to Lemberg/Lviv on Thursday early morning could hardly say good bye to the Transnistria tour participants.

            Nevertheless, at this stage, before a final decision of opening such a discussion platform is made, it would be very useful to clarify the meaning of each of those topics, and perhaps also the meaning of a previous title "The influence of Czernowitz on those who lived there and their descendants". I would suggest that those of the group who originally proposed those topics for inclusion in the afternoon program of talks at the hotel should a little bit elaborate, or clarify those topics. I think they should suggest a set of sub-topics or list a series of more specific questions that we would be interested to subsequently refer to and make our respective contributions to those talks-discussions. Those talks are, in my view, important and would be quite interesting.

            Hope to hear from you,
            Regards and "Auf Wiederhoeren"
            A. Kogan

          • vonczernowitz@netscape.net
            Message 5 of 5 , Jul 9 8:29 AM
              Mark:

              I have to use the Cornel's quote "lets not reinvent the wheel".
              I agree with you, Mark, Cz-L was set up for Czernowitzer's discussions.
              I do not think that a new discussion group is necessary.

              Arthur