the balance of our funds

  • Renee Steinig
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 6 8:21 AM
      Hi all,

      I want to acknowledge for the record that I received Mimi's check for $573,
      which represents $328 in funds that remained from the $30 each we paid for
      expenses plus $245 which Mimi contributed in lieu of payment for her room at
      the Cheremosh. For the moment, I have deposited the money into my personal
      account but will look into opening a separate account where it can remain
      until it is contributed to the restoration of the Czernowitz cemetery or
      another charitable purpose.

      Our leftover hryvnias: You may recall that on the flight from Lviv to
      Vienna, my husband, collected leftover Ukrainian currency from
      Czernowitz2006 passengers. He even got a contribution from a non-participant
      - a young Jewish woman who had also been on a "roots trip" and offered her
      extra money as well. Steve collected a total of 150 hryvnia - about US $30.
      He plans to mail the money to Chesed Shoshanna as discussed.

      If anyone has comments or questions, feel free to write me.

      Renee

      Renee Steinig

      RSteinig@...