Reunion talks - thanks to all concerned!

  • David Glynn
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 4, 2006

      As organiser of the talks and discussions at the reunion, a number of
      participants commented to me that they had found the conference to be very
      informative and thoroughly worth while. This was very gratifying, and I
      certainly found that the opportunity to learn so much from our colleagues,
      in the context of visiting the city itself, was unique.

      I would like to offer sincere thanks to all concerned. To Leo Spitzer,
      Florence Heymann and Marianne Hirsch for their masterful introductions,
      which between them comprised a concise and thorough survey of Jewish
      Czernowitz; to Joe Poras, Charles Rosner, Alexander Raviv, Abraham Kogan,
      Rita Shilo, and my mother Erica, for their talks which were interesting and
      informative, and sometimes very moving; to everyone who contributed to the
      discussions; to Renee Steinig, Charles Rosner and Alexander Raviv for
      chairing the sessions so competently, and to Mimi Taylor for moderating the
      final discussion.

      And of course, we owe a sincere debt of gratitude to Jane Rostos for the
      computer projector, without which the talks would have lacked their visual
      dimension; to Gidi Shilo, for his substantial effort in recording all the
      talks; and to Wolf Shaechter, for masterminding the technical side of things
      so patiently and competently.

      Thanks again to all of you.

      David