per Mark's request......

  • Joe Poras
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 3, 2006
      I wish to publicly thank Mimi for her organizational skills in making
      this gathering happen. My wife and I met such wonderful people and
      connected with the city of my ancestors.
      For those of you who did not have time to talk to Jane (Ioana) Rostos,
      She at the tender age of 27, is a well respected teacher at Suceava
      University and her husband is a Dean at the University. She is fluent in
      German and knows Yiddish. She and her husband have, on many occasions,
      attended services and festivities at the temple in Radauti and are
      friendly with Tanya Ginsberg, the head of the Jewish agency there, whom
      we met. Jane gave of her time and energies to help many participants in
      their travel arrangements as well as providing to the group the video
      projector that was used throughout the conference. All she asked for in
      return was a glimpse into the life and times of Czernowitzers that lived
      during the span of the newspaper the "Czernowitzer Morgen Blatt."

      (per Mark's request, this is the last I'll say on the matter. Any additional discussion will be private.)

      Looking forward to sharing pictures and stories,

      Fondly,
      Linda and Joe

      [Note from the new moderator: This *is* the last that will be said on the matter in the Czernowitz2006 list. --Mark]