RE: [czernowitz2006] Digest Number 29

  • Marianna Kiva
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 13, 2005
      Hello Mimi, I checked out the Romanian site (yes, I speak Romanian) and
      there were no references made regarding Chernovtsi, Bukovina, or Ukraine.
      I am in the middle of my university exams and will connect on Thursday.
      Love, Marianna Kiva

      "The mediocre teacher tells. The good teacher explains. The superior teacher
      demonstrates. The great teacher inspires."(William Arthur Ward)

      From: Miriam Taylor <mirtaylo@...>

      Message: 1
      Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2005 06:23:00 -0500
      From: Miriam Taylor <mirtaylo@...>
      Subject: Romanian website

      Dear Czernowitzers,

      We recently received an Email from Viorel Maier in which he sent us the
      address of a website: http://www.romania-israel.com/index.php, apparently
      this website is aimed at Romanian speakers living in Israel.
      Not having spoken Romanian since I was eleven years old, I do not understand
      Romanian sufficiently well to be sure that this website holds any interest
      for us. Would any of you who speaks Romanian at an adult level, please tell
      us whether this website is of interest to Czernowitzers?

      Another question:

      Is there anyone amongst us, who would be willing to translate the letters
      addressed to this group from English into German and from English into
      Hebrew? I am under the impression that some of our members would prefer to
      communicate in one of these two languages. My German spelling is atrocious,
      checking every word in the dictionary is very time consuming and I do not
      have a Hebrew program on my computer.

      Best regards,