Romanian-Israeli website

  • dharaindublin
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 13, 2005
      As a new member of this group, I am just learning about my Czernowitz roots.
      Though I don't speak or even read Romanian, I do remember much of my
      high school French and was able to get the general meaning of what was
      available on this website. I realized that my family went to Montreal from
      Bukawina because they felt more comfortable with the French language than
      they did with English. I found this website useful because of the links it
      provided to Romanian cemetaries etc. and I believe that I may have found a
      link to my Grandmother's cousin, Refael Hammer, in Bukawina. Further
      research will be needed to verify this connection but what a wonderful start. I
      think including this website was totally appropriate. Ava Cohn