Latest schedule for Czernowitz Reunion 2006

    Message 1 of 1 , May 3, 2006
      May 3, 2006

      Dear reunion participants:

      This is the latest most up to date revised schedule for the reunion.
      Please notice that there have been some time changes since I sent out the
      previous schedule.

      There may be further changes if needed, but please in the meantime keep this
      schedule. It does not include the times for all the elective walks and day
      trips we have signed up for individually, so you may need to keep track of
      those separately.

      Thursday May 18: Arrival and registration.
      20:45 social get-together, possibly a joint light dinner
      at the hotel Cheremosh.

      Friday May 19: 9:00 - 13:00 group tour and walk of the center of
      Czernowitz
      16:00 - 18:30 talk/discussion
      19:00 elective: Friday evening prayers at either the
      local synagogue or with reunion participants
      at the Cheremosh

      Saturday May 20: 9:30 - 12:30 elective walks to specific areas of town
      16:00 - 18:30 talk/discussion
      20:00 - 22:30 cake coffee or tea with local Jewish
      residents,
      Havdala service with Rabbi Glisnshtein

      Sunday May 21: 9:30 - 12:30 memorial service at Jewish cemetery
      16:00 - 18:30 talk/discussion
      20:30 - elective program: dance to Klezmer orchestra

      Monday May 22: Free morning, elective day trips or individual visits to
      archives, cemetery,
      16:00/18:30 talk/discussion
      21:00 elective program: showing of the movie
      "Dieses Jahr in Czernowitz"

      Tuesday May 23: Free day, trip to Transnistria for some, day trips,
      elective walks for others. visits to cemetery, archives,
      etc. for others
      16:00 elective program: Talk about the fables of Eliezer
      Steinbarg given by Dr. Alexander Raviv in Yiddish
      20:30 Free evening,
      possibly an elective attendance of a performance at
      the theatre

      Wednesday May 24: Free morning, individual day trips, elective walks visits
      to archives or cemetery.
      16:00 - 18:30 talk/discussion
      20:30 after dinner farewell party and discussion.

      Thursday May 25: Departure

      All outdoor joint activities may have to be changed from morning to
      afternoon if the weather requires it.

      I (Mimi), will decide on such changes on the morning of the respective days.
      I will be staying at the Cheremosh.
      Those of you who are not staying at the Cheremosh, I think that there are 8
      of you, will need to phone me between 8:30 and 9:00 on those mornings on
      which we have scheduled walks or the memorial service, in order to find out
      whether there have been changes.