URGENT on need for DLP Projector

  • wolfgang schaechter
    Message 1 of 2 , May 1 11:55 PM
      Group/Chaverim,

      Looking at the participant list, there are fortunately several younger people in the list who are active in the business world. To those people, an URGENT request --
      a.. Can you borrow for a week and bring a "computer projector" also known as a multimedia projector, a SVGA projector, a DLP projector? Surely your business will let you do that for such a worthwhile cause.
      b.. Please note that it must be either "switchable" power supply or 220 volt AC.
      Attempts to rent or borrow such a machine in CZ have FAILED. Therefore, if you can bring a projector, let me know by Thursday, 4 May 2006.

      PLAN B

      If we can not get a projector without buying one, we need to contribute $15 per person attending and I will buy and bring a projector. Following the meeting, the projector will be sold at cost to a participant or given away to an organization as a donation.

      If you object to paying the $15 per person, rsvp by Thursday, 4 May.

      Now the EXPLANATION...
      Several people who are attending the reunion want to bring material about CZ that can be shown to the whole group on a screen. This material is on a computer and needs a computer projector to be shown on a screen. This is MUCH better than trying to see this material on a TV or a small computer notebook.

      This is interesting material about CZ history and some of the people who lived there. If we can see material it will be a wonderful part of the reunion.

      Our hotel has a screen. BUT -- no projector. Also, from people who know more about the Ukraine than I do, it is NOT likely that we can rent this equipment in CZ.

      So, we are trying to get a projector some way.

      Wolf

      wolfgang schaechter
      981 wood duck court
      santa clara, ca 95051-4516
      wolfgangs@...
      1-408-241-7423 [voice/fax/voice mail]

    • vonczernowitz@netscape.net
      Message 2 of 2 , May 3 4:19 AM
        $ 15.00 Dollars here and $30.00 there, $ 140.00 for a trip, another $
        15.00 for a Cz side trip, $ 70.00 trip to Storojinetz. Some $$$ for a
        truma for hospitals.... Next thing it becomes real money.