Re: [czernowitz2006] Pommerland

  • Berti Glaubach
    Message 1 of 1 , May 1, 2006
      The song is from the war of 30 years, connected to our childhood "only"
      through German culture
      Der Drei?igj?hrige Krieg 1618 - 1648
      and goes:

      Damals sangen die M?tter ihren Kindern das traurigste aller Kinderlieder ...
      Maik?fer flieg ...
      Dein Vater ist im Krieg.
      Deine Mutter ist in Pommerland,
      Pommerland ist abgebrannt.
      Maik?fer flieg!
      (aus Wille, Usedom, F. A. Brockhausverlag Leipzig, 1983)

      through google you can find any number of parodies and Verbesserungen
      (improvements) on the song, some quite amusing. I did not like the song - it
      was sometimes cruelly performed by children with a Maikaefer in their hand.
      Pommerland, of course is Pomerania in the North of Germany, no connection to
      Bucovina.
      Berti