Elective walks

    Message 1 of 1 , May 1 1:15 PM
      At this time I would like to announce a number of elective walks about which
      I previously had no detailed information.
      And so there is no misunderstanding: These walks do not alter any previous
      arrangements you may have made to go on day trips or shtetel trips for which
      you made arrangements with Simon Kreindler or any arrangements you made with
      David Glynn for going on the Peter Rychlo walk.

      First a time table. Description of the route each tour will take follows.

      Saturday May 20 in the morning:

      Abraham Kogan will lead tour #1
      Berti Glaubach will lead tour #2

      Tuesday May 23rd in the morning:

      Abraham Kogan will lead tour #2
      Berti Glaubach will lead tour #3

      Description of route each tour will follow:

      Tour No. 1

      Start: Siebenbürger Strasse Ecke Neuwelt-Gasse (Holovna Vulitsa and
      Shevchenka)

      Proceed to Herren-Gasse (Kobilianskoy), stroll all along Herren-Gasse, and
      reach Ringplatz (Tsentralna Ploschad). Turn left to Tempel-Gasse
      (Universitetska) and immediately right to Post-Gasse (Khudiakova),
      Musikverein (Tschaikovskogo) and Mehlplatz-Rudolfsplatz (Filarmonii
      Ploshchad). Continue southwards to Elisabeth-platz-Fischplatz (Teatralna
      Ploshchad). End of Tour No. 1.

      Tour No. 2

      Start: Tempel at Tempel-Gasse Ecke Universitäts-Gasse (Universitetska)

      Proceed to Residenz-Gasse (Universitetska), at the end turn left to
      Repta-Gasse (Kotsubinskogo) then right to Seminar-Gasse (Khotinskikh
      Komsomoltsiv) ­ Hohe-Gasse (Ushakova) ending at Habsburgs Höhe; Return via
      Dominik-Gasse (Iosipa Glavki), turn right to Repta-Gasse (Kotsubinskogo) and
      then left ­ back to Residenz-Gasse (Universitetska). End of Tour No. 2 ­
      Tempel.
      At the end of Dominik-Gasse (Iosipa Glavki) as an alternative to returning
      via the same Repta-Gasse, , we can turn left to Rapf-Gasse (Radishcheva)
      and then turn right to Franzengasse (Tchernishevskogo) and continue straight
      ahead to the Tempel.

      Tour No. 3 ­ Jewish Quarters

      Start: Mehlplatz-Rudolfsplatz (Filarmonii Ploshchad).

      Proceed to the northwest ­ Stefanie-Gasse (Gorkogo), turn right to
      Stein-Gasse (Pereyslavska) ending at Haupt Strasse (Holovna); continue left
      to Springbrunnen (former Jewish Hospital) and then right to Synagogen-Gasse
      (Barbiusa); visit the site of the former Main Synagogue and back to
      Springbrunnen-Gasse/ Juden-Gasse (Petra Sagaydachnogo/Shalom Aleyhema)
      ending at Haupt Strasse (Holovna). End of Tour No. 3

      Both Abraham and Berti want these to be small tours, no more than 5 - 6
      people in each group. There will be no fee except for paying for the taxi to
      and from the hotel.

      Anyone interested in any of these tours, please write me and in case there
      are more interested than we can accommodate, give me a first and second
      choice. If you are writing for more than yourself, tell me how many in your
      group.

      Please write me before May 6th.