Making a list of the graves we are looking for

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 30, 2006
      This is sort of a repeat:

      All who expect to look for specific graves at the Cz. Jewish cemetery,
      can get the burial data from Bruce Reisch <bir1@...>,
      You can then look up the probable location of any particular grave by
      accessing:

      > http://czernowitz.ehpes.com/newcemetery/bruce/bruce1.html

      On this map the RED numbers are the ones from the old burial registers,
      the BLUE numbers are of the current map.
      The location of the red numbers is not definite, just probable.

      Each person could use the data from the burial registers Bruce supplied
      you, to determine which current location the burial register information
      corresponds to, such as:

      31A (in red) corresponds to current map 97(in blue)
      21A " corresponds to current map 60 "
      45A " corresponds to current map 95 "

      Then send me the information in exactly this format (spacing) so I can just
      insert it.

      Name of searcher Name of deceased parcel plot# current map
      location
      Your name xyz........ Red # #... Blue #

      I will compile a table which will help us establish the location of
      specific graves with much greater ease.

      This is what the table will look like:

      Simon Kreindler Simon Kreindler 45C 142 116
      " " Pesie Kreindler 114/130
      " " Ruchel Skilnik 62 ? 88
      " " Malke Weisinger 46C 115 115
      " " Esther Gerstenhaber 45 147 85
      " " Salamon Gerstenhaber 32A 162 96
      " " Sara Dine Gerstenhaber 31A 147 97
      Mimi Taylor Scheindel Steinmetz 31A 4 97
      Shaul Leib Steinmetz 21A 164 60
      Moses Reifer 45A 155 95
      Riwe Reifer 45A 56 95
      Anczel Reifer 45A 25 95

      If one person locates a grave of a specific parcel designation, all others
      looking for graves in the same parcel, will be able to locate the graves,
      they are looking for.

      Please, if you are sending me this information, on the subject line of your
      message, write: "grave location" and send the information before May 10.

      See you in Czernowitz,