Advice re Cz from Cora Schwartz

  • Simon Kreindler
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 30, 2006
      Dear Czernowitzers:

      Cora has asked me to forward this additional information:

      Re questions about the supermarket, I only remember taking a taxi to the
      supermarket so I can not say how far away it is...please add to the
      yahoo group that there is an outrageous flea market across the
      street from the the hotel....mostly new things but very big and very
      interesting...(clothes, items such as perfumes, toilet paper,
      electronics/hair dryers, shoes, etc.) The cotton items from turkey are
      very good.

      Re Mimi's comment about not getting sick, I agree that one should not
      worry...but you do not "throw caution to the wind" when in Eastern
      Europe. We did get food poisoning; there is no denying that. Just
      wanted people to know.

      As far as the nearby lake and mosquitos, there is a city park within
      walking distance of the hotel...with a lake for row-boating and rather
      dense woods for walking...that's why I mention the bug spray. Mimi is
      right; Cz is not the tropics. Nor is the area I am sitting in right now
      which is 2 hours NW of New York City. You wouldn't want to be in this
      room in May without screens on your windows. In other words, the tropics
      are not the only place to find hungry mosquitos. Again, it's best to
      know these things when traveling; a $2 bug spray is better than having
      your trip ruined from a mosquito bite that drives you crazy all night.

      Looking forward to seeing you all soon.
      Sincerely
      Cora
    • cornel fleming
      Message 2 of 2 , May 1, 2006
        hi, more shopping hints. czernowitz has a 9ooo stall market with 100s 0f these selling very very cheap wellmade leather coats,jackets etc. well worth the visit. there are 2 or 3 supermarkets within walking distance of the cheremosh. cornel