ENGLISH READERS

  • HARDY BREIER
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 26, 2006
      ENGLISH READERS.

      I AM ONLY TOO GLAD WE HAVE SUCH A WONDERFUL SECOND "ONLY ENGLISH" GENERATION OF CHERNOWITZER.
      AND HOW EAGER THEY ARE TO KNOW AND UNDERSTAND ANYTHING
      RELATED TO THE CITY BY THE PRUT.
      THEY REQUEST TRANSLATIONS AND WANT TO KNOW ALL THE DETAILS.
      THIS IS GOOD AND MAKES ME HAPPY.
      I AND MANY OTHERS CAN MANAGE IN ENGLISH , THOUGH THE ORIGINALITY WILL BE LOST.

      WHAT ABOUT ALL THE OTHERS WHO DON'T READ ENGLISH ?
      ARE THEY TO BE LEFT OUT ?
      THEY ARE SILENT , AND THEIR VOICES ARE NOT HEARD.
      THEY DON'T REQUEST TRANSLATIONS .
      BUT THEY ARE HERE , WHO KNOWS FOR HOW LONG.
      WHEN I WRITE CZERNOWITZERISH I CAN SEE THEM AND HEAR THEM.
      THE POSHITE CZERNOWITZER YIDL MITN DASHIK.

      SAIT MIR GEGRISST , CHAWERIM ALLE,
      FUNEM MEHLPLATZ BIS ZUR TOYNBEEHALLE,
      FUN KOCHANOWSKYGASS BIS ZUM HAM,

      ZU DEM FIND ICH NISCHT A GRAM