THE "PYARNE"

  • Yosef Eshet
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 24 5:19 PM
      "Das Sichen Haus" or "Irrenanstalt" or if you want the "Pyarne" with Julius Gross were deported "en block" to Carera de Piatra in Transnistria on the Bug. I was there and saw the poor souls wander around beging for food or shelter and Julius Gros raving. One night we heard shots and the next day they were not there. After some days I went down to the Bug and saw their bodies scattered on the slope of a small hill. The Romanian Gendarmes did it. After that the majority of the people from the "Carera" (among them Selma Meerbaum Eisinger) were transfered to the Germans across the Bug . I'm not sure if any of them survived. I visited the site in 2001 and could locate the small hill.
      Yosef Eshet (Jerry Wolf)
      Raanana, Israel