Cz Reunion, transnistria trip participants take note

  • Simon Kreindler
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 8, 2006
      Dear Czernowitzers:

      RE: the trip to Transnistria, Rita has pointed out to me that in my e
      mail of April 1st, I incorrectly showed this trip taking place from
      Tuesday May 22nd to Wednesday 23rd. I had the day of the week right but
      the wrong date. It should have read from Tuesday May 23rd to Wednesday
      May 24th. I thank Rita for catching this error and ask that you correct
      it on your own personal calendar of activities.

      As I mentioned in the same e mail (April 1st), " I have made firm
      commitments to each guide and asked for a large enough vehicle for the
      number of members who subscribed to each trip. I am therefore expecting
      each of you to honour the reservations you made and pay the cost of any
      trip(s) you confirmed (even if you change your mind between now and when
      they take place.)"

      As I have already said on a number of occasions, I cannot get more
      information about the cost of the trip at this point, not because I
      don't want to but because (1) the hotel in Mogilev is apparently busy
      doing renovations (although it will be ready in time for us) but will
      get back to our guide soon and (2) the bus drivers will not commit to a
      cost for the trip this early because of the frequently changing price of
      gasoline.

      RE: The bus, the group will be traveling on a 30 seater, the smallest
      one we could get with a toilet.

      RE: The Emerald Hotel, I have asked the guide to arrange for double
      rooms for all couples and single rooms for Gerhard and Cora

      I realize you are anxious to know the cost of the trip and I promise you
      that as soon as I have more specific information, I will share it with
      you. In the meantime, if it helps give you a rough idea, the cost of
      the guide is $200 for the two days + the cost of her hotel room. As I
      see it, each of you will pay for your own hotel room, and your 1/18th
      share of the cost of the guide and driver (including the bus) + their
      hotel rooms. Given that a double room at the Chernomosh costs $50.00, I
      can't imagine a double room in Mogilev costing more.

      Finally, if there are any other latecomers to the Reunion who are
      interested in visiting Transnistria, we have room on the bus and I
      expect that Hotel accomodations will not be a problem. Please let me
      know as soon as possible however, as I have to make arrangements for the
      hotel through the guide.

      Best regards,

      Simon