Introduction

  • Adrian Barbu
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 6 2:39 PM
      Kind regards from Geneva in Switzerland.

      Just another country on a long journey. My parents, Herbert and Minna
      Berler (Haber) left Czernowitz in 1945 for Bucharest, settled in
      Duesseldorf in 1970. My father was a lawyer and worked many years as a
      journalist. Names such as Berler, Hubner, Hollinger, Wiznitzer,
      Pistiner, Allerhand, Nachbar belong to the tribe.
      I graduated in Aachen, got my Ph.D. there as well followed by an MBA in
      Fontainebleau, France. In 1978 I came for a short assignment to Geneva
      and never left since. My group of companies is active in the healthcare
      field, from healthcare delivery to pharmaceutical industry. My wife
      Mirela (born Nachbar) is an M.D. with roots in Czernowitz / Banila as
      well. Both my sons are born in Geneva. Roy studied Business and
      Marketing in the US and lives in Florida and participates in our
      operations there, Daniel graduated last year in Geneva and teaches
      Ancient History and History of Religions at the University in Lausanne.
      I did visit Czernowitz about five years ago with my mother. She
      couldn�t understand that there was a border between Romania and the
      Ukraine. She told it laud enough when we crossed the border and I was
      happy to cross the border back as a free man�

      Hope to be able to make it to your meeting in May. So long, Adrian
      Barbu-Berler

    • barbuberler