RE: Meds for Hesed-Shushana and or local hospitals

  • mirtaylo@indiana.edu
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 1, 2006
      Dear Danny,

      Thank you for being so prompt and practical.

      I do not know how many people offered to contribute towards the expense
      of buying the medical or pharmaceutical supplies. Mostly they were
      people who plan on coming to the reunion, some where not. The number of
      the participants at the reunion now stands at 62, so I assume we could
      collect between $3000 to $5000.

      Possibly, you could write to both the Yahoo group as well as to the Cz.
      - L, that you are trying to collect a given sum and that anyone who
      wants to contribute, should send you a check by April 18.

      Best regards,

      Mimi

      Quoting Danny and Sharon Alon <alonltd2@...>:

      > Dear All,
      >
      > As for the idea of donating medications to the Hesed - Shoshana/local
      > hospital, I have in the mean time consulted a few professionals here
      > (informative persons I know from the local offices of some international
      > pharmaceutical companies). Here are some of the conclusions I have reached
      > and would like to present to the group:
    • Danny and Sharon Alon
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 1, 2006
        Dear Czernowitzers,

        As one can read in the correspondence below, we are trying to collect a
        certain sum of money to be donated during our Cz-Reunion to the local jewish
        community and/or to local hospitals, to be spent on purchasing medical and
        pharmaceutical supplies.
        All of you who are interested in such an endeavor, are kindly requested to
        send me an e-mail, stating the following:
        Your name, the sum of money you are willing to donate, and whether you would
        like it to be donated to the local jewish organization (Hesed Shushana) and
        or to local general hospitals.
        Everyone is of course free to donate how much he/she chooses and to the
        organization he/she prefers.

        Do send me your answers till April the 10th (that's 10 days from now!).
        I will collect the money personally while in Cz from those who intend to
        participate in the Reunion. I will soon inform those who will not attend how
        they can transfer the money appropriately (after obtaining a general
        impression of how many they are).

        Thanks for your cooperation,