Cz.-sub functions of committee

    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 12, 2005
      As we vote for members of the committee to organize the "Czernowitz Reunion
      2006", I think that we should be clear about the functions of the committee.

      Most importantly I think that the committee shall act in accordance with
      decisions which we have reached so far about dates, location, name and
      suggested program.

      It shall consult the participants on issues which are in question.

      Consult the whole Czernowitz list on any plans and arrangements which may
      have an effect beyond the "Czernowitz Reunion 2006" meeting.

      I see the functions of the committee as:

      1. Decide on a timetable for the program we have agreed on.

      2. Book meeting rooms, and make other practical arrangements.

      3. Arrange for lecturers or discussion leaders where appropriate.

      4. Obtain information and facilitate travel arrangements to Chernivtsi.

      5. Obtain information on hotels and arrange for group discounts.

      6. Obtain information and facilitate day trips from Czernowitz to
      neighboring towns and villages.

      7. Publicize the "Czernowitz Reunion 2006" in the hope that other
      "Czernowitzers" may join us.

      Mimi
    • Marianne Hirsch
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 12, 2005
        Dear group,

        The committee functions are well outlined below, but it is hard to vote
        since we mostly "know" each other through our emails. Ruth Gold sent
        us a bio but, unless I am mistaken, no one else who has been nominated
        has sent us such information. I would find it very helpful.
        I find myself staying out of most of these discussions since this
        process has been incredibly strange and disembodied, largely a function
        of the internet. In addition, I would urge the committee to draw on
        the expertise and prior arrangements made by the Luba who sadly has now
        left the group. It seems really silly to reinvent the wheel.

        On Oct 12, 2005, at 11:50 AM, Miriam Taylor wrote:

[...]

        Department of English and Comparative Literature
        Philosophy Hall, rm 602
        Columbia University
        New York, NY. 10027
        (212) 854-5121

        Dept phone: (212) 854-3215
        Fax (212) 854-5398

        Home address: 455 Central Park West, Apt 15A
        New York, NY 10025
        Home phone: (212) 662-8083