RE: [czernowitz2006] Purpose of reunion and who is welcome to participate.

  • henry@sinnreich.net
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 4, 2006
      >Unless someone does so, I propose that Jane Rostos, Voelker Koepp, Othmar
      >Andre and anyone else who's interest in the reunion is only professional,
      >not be admitted to any of our joint functions.

      Mimi,

      With deep regret I have to propose that you not "organize" us any more and
      desist making this list a platform of your discriminatory views.

      Thanks, Henry

      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 4, 2006
        this is usually the "fight" when a few jews want to meet together.
        we call it "milhemet ahim" ????? ????
        to all of you "???? ???"
        > >Unless someone does so, I propose that Jane Rostos, Voelker Koepp, Othmar
        > >Andre and anyone else who's interest in the reunion is only professional,
        > >not be admitted to any of our joint functions.
        >
        > Mimi,
        >
        > With deep regret I have to propose that you not "organize" us any more and
        > desist making this list a platform of your discriminatory views.
        >
        > Thanks, Henry

        YAHOO
> [...]
        > My answer is: I do not invite strangers to family and friends gatherings.
        > If you say: but the Jewish Czernowitzers are not your friends and
        relatives.
        > I will answer that they have the potential to be such, at least we share
        > something that is very important to me. Others do not.
        >
        > So far everything we have done has been decided about democratically.
        > I personally do not have the time, energy, stamina or "Cheshek" to send
        out
        > a questionnaire and find out what the majority wants. Any of you are
        welcome
        > to do so and we will act accordingly.
        >
        > Unless someone does so, I propose that Jane Rostos, Voelker Koepp, Othmar
        > Andre and anyone else who's interest in the reunion is only professional,
        > not be admitted to any of our joint functions.
        >
        > This is not a circus or a colony of experimental mice!

      • alon
        Message 3 of 9 , Mar 4, 2006
          I strongly oppose the Mr Sinnreich's attitude and opinion. I believe Mimi
          has done nothing to deserve such offending words. Even if one thinkgs
          differently, and differences are of course allowed and are in a way welcome
          for they inspire one's thoughts, one must never forget the uniting basis of
          us all - our shared roots and admiration of old Cz. We must also not forget
          what Mimi has done up till now and will hopefully go on doing - her
          organizational skills and her energies have been a blessing to us all. She
          is, after all, entitled to have her own stand.
          Danny
          > >Unless someone does so, I propose that Jane Rostos, Voelker Koepp, Othmar
          > >Andre and anyone else who's interest in the reunion is only professional,
          > >not be admitted to any of our joint functions.
          >
          > Mimi,
          >
          > With deep regret I have to propose that you not "organize" us any more and
          > desist making this list a platform of your discriminatory views.
          >
          > Thanks, Henry

        • Abraham Kogan
            > >Unless someone does so, I propose that Jane Rostos, Voelker Koepp, Othmar
            > >Andre and anyone else who's interest in the reunion is only professional,
            > >not be admitted to any of our joint functions.
            >
            > Mimi,
            >
            > With deep regret I have to propose that you not "organize" us any more and
            > desist making this list a platform of your discriminatory views.
            >
            > Thanks, Henry

            Genealogy family tree Family home

          • S.Carlile
            Message 5 of 9 , Mar 5, 2006
              Dear Cz. travelers,

              I don't know if any of you have even considered going to the University of
              Czernovitz, but if you do, please keep in mind that my step-great
              grandmother did attend the university and was majoring in English and
              French. I shall ask my mama what her first and maiden names were - she was
              a Laufersweiler by marriage and had 5 beautiful step-daughters, one of whom
              was my Oma. Oh, how I wish I could go with you all and see those hallowed
              halls and possibly meet some descendants of my family....

              Peace,
              Vye