Introduction

  • vladix41
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 3, 2006
      1. Vladimir Brunstein
      2. Born in Czernowitz in 1941
      3. Residence: USA

      Hi Henry. Nice to meet you here.
    • Adrian Barbu
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 6, 2006
        Kind regards from Geneva in Switzerland.

        Just another country on a long journey. My parents, Herbert and Minna
        Berler (Haber) left Czernowitz in 1945 for Bucharest, settled in
        Duesseldorf in 1970. My father was a lawyer and worked many years as a
        journalist. Names such as Berler, Hubner, Hollinger, Wiznitzer,
        Pistiner, Allerhand, Nachbar belong to the tribe.
        I graduated in Aachen, got my Ph.D. there as well followed by an MBA in
        Fontainebleau, France. In 1978 I came for a short assignment to Geneva
        and never left since. My group of companies is active in the healthcare
        field, from healthcare delivery to pharmaceutical industry. My wife
        Mirela (born Nachbar) is an M.D. with roots in Czernowitz / Banila as
        well. Both my sons are born in Geneva. Roy studied Business and
        Marketing in the US and lives in Florida and participates in our
        operations there, Daniel graduated last year in Geneva and teaches
        Ancient History and History of Religions at the University in Lausanne.
        I did visit Czernowitz about five years ago with my mother. She
        couldn�t understand that there was a border between Romania and the
        Ukraine. She told it laud enough when we crossed the border and I was
        happy to cross the border back as a free man�

        Hope to be able to make it to your meeting in May. So long, Adrian
        Barbu-Berler

      • barbuberler