Re: [czernowitz2006] Purpose of reunion and who is welcome to participate.

  • cornel fleming
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 2 10:44 AM
      dear all , i did not really want to be involved in more arguments so i have kept quiet lately...not my usual style! however, enough is enough. i personally will be very glad to welcome anybody who is friendly, who has an interest in us and our history and memories, wants to share in our joys and sorrows and become one with us. even more will i wecome those who have the ability and knowledge to record in any shape or form our stories and our history. i and some others are still alive of the prewar czernowitz generation and i think when we disappear eventually we would like our story known and remembered. cornel fleming
      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 4 6:56 AM
        >Unless someone does so, I propose that Jane Rostos, Voelker Koepp, Othmar
        >Andre and anyone else who's interest in the reunion is only professional,
        >not be admitted to any of our joint functions.

        Mimi,

        With deep regret I have to propose that you not "organize" us any more and
        desist making this list a platform of your discriminatory views.

        Thanks, Henry

        Message 3 of 9 , Mar 4 7:18 AM
          this is usually the "fight" when a few jews want to meet together.
          we call it "milhemet ahim" ????? ????
          to all of you "???? ???"
          > >Unless someone does so, I propose that Jane Rostos, Voelker Koepp, Othmar
          > >Andre and anyone else who's interest in the reunion is only professional,
          > >not be admitted to any of our joint functions.
          >
          > Mimi,
          >
          > With deep regret I have to propose that you not "organize" us any more and
          > desist making this list a platform of your discriminatory views.
          >
          > Thanks, Henry

          YAHOO
> [...]
          > My answer is: I do not invite strangers to family and friends gatherings.
          > If you say: but the Jewish Czernowitzers are not your friends and
          relatives.
          > I will answer that they have the potential to be such, at least we share
          > something that is very important to me. Others do not.
          >
          > So far everything we have done has been decided about democratically.
          > I personally do not have the time, energy, stamina or "Cheshek" to send
          out
          > a questionnaire and find out what the majority wants. Any of you are
          welcome
          > to do so and we will act accordingly.
          >
          > Unless someone does so, I propose that Jane Rostos, Voelker Koepp, Othmar
          > Andre and anyone else who's interest in the reunion is only professional,
          > not be admitted to any of our joint functions.
          >
          > This is not a circus or a colony of experimental mice!

        • alon
          Message 4 of 9 , Mar 4 8:26 AM
            I strongly oppose the Mr Sinnreich's attitude and opinion. I believe Mimi
            has done nothing to deserve such offending words. Even if one thinkgs
            differently, and differences are of course allowed and are in a way welcome
            for they inspire one's thoughts, one must never forget the uniting basis of
            us all - our shared roots and admiration of old Cz. We must also not forget
            what Mimi has done up till now and will hopefully go on doing - her
            organizational skills and her energies have been a blessing to us all. She
            is, after all, entitled to have her own stand.
            Danny
            > >Unless someone does so, I propose that Jane Rostos, Voelker Koepp, Othmar
            > >Andre and anyone else who's interest in the reunion is only professional,
            > >not be admitted to any of our joint functions.
            >
            > Mimi,
            >
            > With deep regret I have to propose that you not "organize" us any more and
            > desist making this list a platform of your discriminatory views.
            >
            > Thanks, Henry

          • Abraham Kogan
            Message 5 of 9 , Mar 4 9:35 AM
              I fully agree with Danny Alon's views.
              Regards, AK
              > >Unless someone does so, I propose that Jane Rostos, Voelker Koepp, Othmar
              > >Andre and anyone else who's interest in the reunion is only professional,
              > >not be admitted to any of our joint functions.
              >
              > Mimi,
              >
              > With deep regret I have to propose that you not "organize" us any more and
              > desist making this list a platform of your discriminatory views.
              >
              > Thanks, Henry

            • S.Carlile
              Message 6 of 9 , Mar 5 12:02 PM
                Dear Cz. travelers,

                I don't know if any of you have even considered going to the University of
                Czernovitz, but if you do, please keep in mind that my step-great
                grandmother did attend the university and was majoring in English and
                French. I shall ask my mama what her first and maiden names were - she was
                a Laufersweiler by marriage and had 5 beautiful step-daughters, one of whom
                was my Oma. Oh, how I wish I could go with you all and see those hallowed
                halls and possibly meet some descendants of my family....

                Peace,
                Vye