Re: [czernowitz2006] my commitment

  • Marianne Hirsch
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 2, 2006
      Dear Ioana,

      As a member of this group and a participant of the reunion, I'd like
      to assure you that, as far as I am concerned, you are welcome to join
      in any and all activities we will be undertaking. None of us have
      had to prove our Czernowitz credentials: we are coming together not
      at all as a "family" (most of us have never met) but out of personal
      interest, care and respect for a city, its culture and its past.
      Your research is a valuable addition to our collective knowledge of
      that past.

      I look forward to meeting in Chernivtsi.

      Marianne

      Marianne Hirsch
      Professor of English and Comparative Literature
      Institute for Research on Women and Gender
      602 Philosophy Hall
      Columbia University
      New York, NY 10027
      (212) 854-5121