Re: [czernowitz2006] Cz. personal introduction

  • jfa2000@mymailstation.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 1 10:32 AM
      Hello, Renee --

      Oh my goodness. The names in your "saga" ring several bells for me, as they come up in my history as well. I am Jessica Falikman Attiyeh. My cousin, Jerome Schatten (responsible for the Czernowitz website at http//czernowitz.ehpes.com) whose paternal grandmother was Sali Falikman, will also be reading your letter and seeing the familiar names come forward.

      Those names are "Fallik" which might possibly have been Falikman or Falikmann at some earlier date (there's actually a Falik Falikman I've got a record of); and Lehr, as I've come across a Rose Lehrer who witnessed a Falikman death in the Holocaust archives. Then, Jane Reifer, another long-time member of the Czernowitz conversation, has been looking for Roessler in Czernowitz -- and so have Jerome and I.

      So there are possibilities here, and dare I hope that they might bear fruit for at least some of us.

      I will search through my files to locate the Lehrer reference, and will get back to you on that. Also I'd be glad to send you privately my Falikman files if you would like to see the various Czernowitz Falikman births/marriages/deaths that might or might not add to your own family information.

      Til later. Jessie Falikman Attiyeh
      San Diego, CA