RE: [czernowitz2006] Re: Test

  • Mark Heckman
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 10, 2005
      Henry, and others,

      It is possible to access Yahoo mail using an email client program instead of
      the web interface, but it is a premium, "for pay" option.

      But, why do you need to check Yahoo mail if the only connection that you have
      with Yahoo is this group? There is no need to use a Yahoo email account just
      for the czernowitz2006 list. Instead, you can use your existing email account.
      I see that you and Jerry have alread done this, so it is likely that I've
      misunderstood your question.

      In case someone has created a Yahoo ID and is puzzled how to get the group
      messages without having to check on the web, however, you can change the email
      address to which group messages are sent in this way: Log in using your Yahoo
      ID on the group page (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/czernowitz2006/) and click
      on the "Edit Membership" link near the top of the page. On the Edit Membership
      page, you have the option to change your email address. Then all messages in
      the list will be sent to your existing, non-Yahoo account, for which your
      email client is already configured to read and write mail.

      Best wishes,

      --Mark

    • henry@sinnreich.net
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 11, 2005
        Mark,

        Thanks for the excellent suggestion:

        On the Edit Membership page, you have the option to change your email
        address. Then all messages in the list will be sent to your existing,
        non-Yahoo account, for which your email client is already configured to read
        and write mail.

        It works very well.

        Henry

        _____

        --- henry@... wrote:

        > Jerry,
        >
        > Sorry for the late reply but I only got to try it today and I could not
        > figure it out.
        >
        > It appears Yahoo Mail is for HTTP only and any SMTP client like MS Outlook
        > will not work.

        _____

        YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

        * Visit your group "czernowitz2006