coming along&more

  • Jane Rostos
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 1, 2006
      Finally, I have joined this other list too, and was surprised to see that…well, this is where all the action is!
      It looks like I’m going to join you in Czernowitz after all! I’m very happy about that. I have found a sponsor who, although he hardly knows me, is generous enough to support my cause. So I’ll see you all there and then.
      Still, do I need to make this known to anyone in particular? Will we be wearing name-tags, or something? I think we should.
      For those of you who need a visa for the Ukraine and are planning on spending at least one day in Suceava before going on to Czernowitz, you can get your visas at the Ukrainian Consulate here in town. There’s a small fee to pay at the bank, otherwise things should go pretty fast. I already have my one-year visa.
      Then, my husband offered to organize a minibus or a car for us, rather than ship us off on the minibuses from the Central Market. But in order for him to do that, he needs to know exactly how many people are coming to Suceava and when exactly they’re planning on leaving for Czernowitz. And, of course, if such an opportunity is needed in the first place.
      I was told that the return busses leave Czernowitz at all times of day, that is, in the morning, at noon, and toward evening. The later they leave though, the more expensive they tend to get! (Picture an otherwise reliable-looking driver say, Well, mister, that’s the last bus to Suceava for the day, so either you pay up, or you ain’t going there no more!)
      *
      On a different line of thought, for those of you interested in subscribing to the “Jewish Reality” newspaper published in Bucharest, twice a month (Realitatea Evreiasca). That would cost you $65 a year (all taxes included). The money should be sent to:
      FCER (Federatia Comunitatilor Evreiesti din Romania)
      C/O BCR (Banca Comerciala Romana)
      RO20-RNCB-5030-0000-0170-0015 (USD)
      Filiala Sector 3, Bucharest, Romania.
      *