personal introduction

  • mrgltshl
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 23, 2006
      my nane is rita margalit-shilo.
      i was born in buckarest, 1947.
      my father, ben-zion margalit (margulies) was born in tarnopol, and at
      the age of 4 years (1914) moved to cz., and lived there till he (and
      my mother)were deported to transnistria. his mother origin is from
      wiznitz.
      my mothers' family origin is from banila (walzer).

      so my father grew up on cz. studied at the yeshiva, and at the jewish
      highschool. he then went for the univercity stydies to vienna, and
      returned to marry my mother, and start up their own family.
      they were expelled to berchad, and survived those terrible and
      unhuman years there.
      after the war, they returned to cz. but decided, that as it was
      ukraina, they better get out of that place as soon as possible.
      they moved to buckarest, and there i and my sister were born.
      we came to israel with the transilvania on may 1951.

      i spoke german at home with my mother, and hebrew with my father.
      i graduater law school at t.a universuty, and practice law for some
      years,and then i diverted to psychotherapy and family therapy. as i
      studied for my m.s.w. in n.y., i had practiced my english there and
      after.

      i'm married, to gidi, who will join me to this trip,have three
      daughters, and three grand-daughters,
      so, this is a bit about me
      rita
    • David Walters
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 26, 2006
        Hello, my name is David Walters and I am a senior high school student eagerly anticipating my first year of University in the fall. I live in Canada and speak French and English. I plan on studying History and Political Science, and I am very interested in Bukovina's Jewish history. My family from my mother's side lived in Bukovina at the turn of the century and during the Shoah.

        I still do not know what happened to my family during the Holocaust, and I hope to discover more about my family's history as well as Bukovina's Jewry. The two family names of my ancestors who lived in Bukovina are Schapira and Peisach. My great-great-grandfather (who spoke German), Israel Schapira, is unaccounted for among Romanian Holocaust victims, and I hope to found out more about his life and death.

        I am excited to be part of this group and look forward to hearing from anyone who may be able to share information about Bukovina's Jewry with me.

        Shalom Aleichem!

        PS: Unfortunately I am not able to attend the Cernovitz reunion in May. I hope that it is a meaningful time for everyone.
      • Lucca
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 9 11:42 PM
          By now I have many people who know me- and about me - in the Czernowitz circle, but in the course of a personal introduction I can still mention some names of family and friends in the hope that I will get a response.

          I myself spent my first 16 years in Czernowitz and up to the present time I still long for the city of my birth. I did not join the reunion for several reasons, but I envied those who did very much. After nearly half a century, I returned to Czernowitz in 1996 and my short stay there caused me the proverbial mixed feelings, happiness and sadness in equal measure. The most bittersweet days of my life.

          My maiden name was Koch, actually Rachel Koch, but known as Lucca. I would like to know if anybody, in the course of life, has come across my beloved aunt Riva Tuchmann, married to Muziu Tuchmann, both leading sports people with Maccabi in Czernowitz. They were sent to Siberia by the Soviets where they barely survived and when they finally arrived in Israel, they were broken in body and spirit.

          I furthermore had an uncle and aunt named Seidale and Peppi Koch, they had two sons a few years older than me, named Benno and Joji. They both frequented the L.E.G.(?)gymnasium in Czernowitz before they were sent to Transnistria. The parents are no longer alive, but both my cousins live in Tel-Aviv.

          My mother's maiden name was Weisinger, I tried to trace Weisingers before but without success. I also searched for former school friends and published all my kindergarten and school pictures on the Czernowitz site. I did not receive the response which I had anticipated. Esty Eisenfeld did not go to the Meisler school with me, but we became friends in Curacao. She was a niece of Mr. Fuhrmann, the well-known firm Spritzer and Furhmann, world-wide jewelers. The Fuhrmann firm was also known in Czernowitz, it was an elegant men's wear store named "Nervin and Fuhrmann" If possible, I would like to locate Esty, whose married name I don't know...

          My personal history is more or less known, partially thanks to a book which I wrote and published called "A reason why", which describes my childhood and early youth in Czernowitz prior to leaving for a Caribbean island, Curacao,

          where I lived with my family until arrival to Israel.

          After trying for many years, it would be nice to get some kind of information, and in case available, my direct e-mail is lucca99@...

          Thanks in advance,

          Lucca