Re: [czernowitz2006] voting on use of Yahoo group

  • Lucca
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 10, 2005
      Mimi dear,
      this week I am not capable of any reasonable thought, I am full of nerves and apprehension - always this way before a trip, even a short trip to Tel-Aviv!

      Eran (my son) is leaving to-morrow back to Germany and it's wrenching, I never get used to saying good-bye to one of my children or grandchildren.
      I am leaving Sunday next.
      Yesterday when I was in the travel office intending to pick up my ticket, I got just a sheet of paper with my itinerary.
      -"What's that?" I asked the travel agent.
      -"That's an electronic ticket! It's all there in their computer. You don't need anything else!"
      -"So what happens if their computer is down like yours was last week, will it mean no take-off, no New York, no San Diego???"
      -"Mrs. Ginsburg, she said, you are a modern woman! You use a computer yourself, you have a printer, a fax, a video, a disc player and you told me that your son just bought you a digital MP3 player! So just calm down!"
      -"By the way, talking about the MP3, do you have one? Do you know how to handle it? If I have any problem can I come to you?"
      -"No, but you can come to my 10 year old son! He knows all about it!!!"

      Blessed civilization!

      So, I got this off my mind!
      When I am back to normal, I will answer all your questions. Your e-mail address comes along with me to California, but if there is anything urgent, here is my daughter's telephone number as I call from here:
      001-760-4790702
      They live in Carlsbad, about half an hour from center San Diego!

      A hug, Lucca

      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 10, 2005

        > Mimi dear,
        > this week I am not capable of any reasonable thought, I am full of nerves and
        > apprehension - always this way before a trip, even a short trip to Tel-Aviv!
        >
        > Eran (my son) is leaving to-morrow back to Germany and it's wrenching, I never
        > get used to saying good-bye to one of my children or grandchildren.
        > I am leaving Sunday next.
        > Yesterday when I was in the travel office intending to pick up my ticket, I
        > got just a sheet of paper with my itinerary.
        > -"What's that?" I asked the travel agent.
        > -"That's an electronic ticket! It's all there in their computer. You don't
        > need anything else!"
        > -"So what happens if their computer is down like yours was last week, will it
        > mean no take-off, no New York, no San Diego???"
        > -"Mrs. Ginsburg, she said, you are a modern woman! You use a computer
        > yourself, you have a printer, a fax, a video, a disc player and you told me
        > that your son just bought you a digital MP3 player! So just calm down!"
        > -"By the way, talking about the MP3, do you have one? Do you know how to
        > handle it? If I have any problem can I come to you?"
        > -"No, but you can come to my 10 year old son! He knows all about it!!!"
        >
        > Blessed civilization!
        >
        > So, I got this off my mind!
        > When I am back to normal, I will answer all your questions. Your e-mail
        > address comes along with me to California, but if there is anything urgent,
        > here is my daughter's telephone number as I call from here:
        > 001-760-4790702
        > They live in Carlsbad, about half an hour from center San Diego!
        >
        > A hug, Lucca

        Lots of hugs to you Lucca, wish you all the best on your trip
        and in everything else. If at all possible, before you leave,
        Send Email to Bruce Reisch and vote for 5 people on the committee.
        We need every vote from those of us who are sensible, otherwise
        the whole reunion may still end up being a total "malheur".
        Thank you for phone number of your daughter, I may phone you there.

        Gute Reise, alles beste, Mimi